Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hello Seattle

 


We flew into Seattle on June 26, 2012 and drove to Jana and Scott's house on the 27th to spend a few days with them before Taylor's work started.  We started looking for a place to rent the following Monday and found our current town house and decided to live there.  We still spent a good few weeks in the temporary housing that Microsoft provided for us.  One of the many luxuries that Microsoft provided, such as moving services, travel and meals during travel.

While in temporary housing, we had a chance to explore the Bothell/Kenmore area.  My favorite way to explore is to go running.  I found some great trails near where we were staying, so Nelli and I went for many beautiful runs. I found myself falling for the North West so quickly.
 
 

 
We were comfortable where we were staying:
 
 


 
Taylor started work on July 10th.  In the picture below he's lining up to get on the Microsoft Charter bus to go to work at the Redmond Campus.
 

 
Siri invited Nelli and I to go with her to Katie's Birthday celebration at Jana and Scott's house in Spokane.  Leah, Jason and kids were out west to support Jason as he went to a conference in Seattle.  (They ended up doing a big cross-country trip and camping along the way -- way to go!)

 
 
We had a great time playing with cousins!  Even Tyler and Ali were there on their way to Seattle to settle into a new life there.  Tyler got a job at Amazon shortly before Taylor got his job at Microsoft.





We moved into our new house within a week or so of this trip. The movers came and put all the boxes where I wanted them, had me sign a million papers and were on their way.  How easy is that! I always want to move like this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment