Monday, May 7, 2012

Nelli Lady

I found a way to let her wear a pair of my earrings-she was pretty excited!
(They lasted on her ears less than 5 minutes.) 


So, some updates on Nelli.  She recently started walking backwards towards a chosen target...haha!  I'm laughing just thinking about it :0).  She'll look to see where the kitchen cupboard is and slowly walk until she hits it, then get a look of triumph on her face.  She's also started walking in circles (I think she may be dancing?).  We've had lots of giggles together watching her explore and chasing each other around the house. One of her favorite things is to get my attention and with a big grin run off.  I can hardly resist!  She squeals with joy as I start growling and run after her.  After a few seconds, she starts running to me and hugs me tight as can be.

She loves her friends, Marlee Cheney and Aurora Curtis (and their mom's) and asks for them often.  She's been cutting some molars lately and is now attached to her binky more than ever (before this she would take a binky when she went to bed and that was about it).  I'm still trying to figure out if it's a good or a bad thing.  It does help her be more comfortable, but she goes into a daze with glossy eyes and doesn't interact with others as much and grunts when she sees or wants something instead of using her expanding vocabulary.  I'll talk to her doctor and do a little more research I think. Any ideas are appreciated too.

She loves to play outside and see animals -- especially cats and dogs. We still go on regular bike rides or runs outside.  She loves her toes and talks about them often.  We'll be talking about something and she'll lean down and kiss her toes or bring up her toes and point out mine, especially when we're naming body parts.  Also, her belly button is still a favorite. If her binky's in her mouth you can almost guarantee that her finger will be in her button :). Elmo's World is also top on her list of things to do.  She loves the shows and has a foam book of an Elmo story that she plays with for hours (intermittently mind you -- she can't be away from mom too long).

We're working on alone play time, when we put her in her crib with some toys and let her play for about 10 min.  It seems to be going pretty well so far.  It seems like she's been playing a little more on her own when she's around the house too, which is nice for dinner preparation time. I just love being her Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment