Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day


Taylor made us a yummy pasta dinner and Nelli made me a Mother's Day card in nursery.  I just love these two!!

I love being Nelli's mom more than I can say and I can't wait to meet this little girl I'm carrying.  It's amazing to me how much I love little sister already. She's so active lately and getting big enough that I feel her kicking around and doing summersaults in there almost every time I sit down.  Motherhood takes so many sacrifices and lately it's been quite the challenge to feel like my brain is mush and I have days where I feel so tired.  I find that when I get on my knees, I always get up feeling stronger and more determined to give it the best I have.  I know the Lord is aware of my sacrifice and wants to help me how He can.  I see his help to keep things together and I find the strength I need to do the everyday important things, like love and take care of my family.  Taylor has been a great support!  He is there to listen and give ideas when I need it and also a good kick in the pants when I need it ( you know what I mean, he's good at getting me to see how good I am doing and stop feeling like a failure).

I remember when Nelli was just a few months old and thinking that eventually we might be ready for another child.  I kept thinking, " I know I want more that one child, but why would I go through all of that again?"   Honestly, the second time around with pregnancy isn't so bad.  I know now basically what to expect and that it doesn't last forever.  Well, I prayed about my question of what I could learn from pregnancy and childbirth and I felt a sweet answer that it was an opportunity to come to understand the Savior's sacrifice and love for us. So, throughout this pregnancy I have drawn on the Savior's help several times and feel that I understand Him better now than I did six months ago. What a beautiful opportunity He has given me.





No comments:

Post a Comment