Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lake Washington



It's been great to live by Tyler and Ali again.  We've been having them over each Tuesday for a TV show we all enjoy called White Collar.  We usually have some dinner together and relax.  Some of our Tuesday get togethers have turned into some fun long discusions about various topics.  It's wonderful to get to know Ty and Ali better.

Today I invited Ali to came up for a play date and take the kids to the lake. We live about a half mile north of Lake Washington and on my bike ride this morning I saw a little clearing along the trail and thought we would all enjoy the relief from the few hot days we've been having. We ploped the kiddos in the bike trailer and rode our bikes down to the shoreline. It was super fun to hang out and let the kids play in the water.  Ali's pregnant with her 2nd and handling the first trimester so well. I can't even say how much I enjoy being with other moms who love being a mom and are trying to make the most of life. There is so much divinity in motherhood that I get a glimpse of every once in a while.  The more I look to God for direction in this special role and calling the more I feel how special motherhood is to God.

So, after taking Nelli's wet swimsuit and diaper she ran for it as fast as she could...that girl!  I eventually put a dry diaper on and we headed home for bath time to avoid swimmers itch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment