Sunday, September 11, 2011

Embracing Motherhood

Nelli's weaning herself off of my milk now that she's eating 3 fairly good meals a day and started using a sippy cup. She still nurses before naptime and bed. She talks for longer stretches of time and I LOVE it!  We've been reading a lot of  library books together and singing songs.

I love being a mom! I have now have embraced it, I know it took me long enough, but I did it and I'm loving it and her so much more.  Heavenly Father definantly knows what I need to be happy,  He helped me realize I was not letting Nelli in my heart.  I think I was scared to let her in.  Is that crazy or what?  This sweet, innocent, loving little girl needing my love and attention and I was scared to give her my whole heart.  Once I realized it I felt this faith come over me that I could do it.

I have to admit this move has been good for me.  Change has a way of getting me to do things I've been putting off or just wanted to do forever.  We're loving St. Louis with all the great people we live by and fun things to do!

2 comments:

  1. Martha, what a sweet post! I know, motherhood took me a while to embrace as well. It's a big adjustment that you're expected to make in an instant, but all the while you step back and say, "Wait, what? Mom? Me?" I'm glad you experienced the full joy that comes with it. It is oh so sweet! Miss you guys! Keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, so good to hear that you know what I mean. As you read, I thought I was so slow about embracing motherhood. It is so joyous!

    ReplyDelete