Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Daddy, will you teach me to swim?"


On Saturday we were throwing around the idea of going to the lake and Nelli asked me, "can you teach me how to swim?" I told her that Daddy knows how to swim and used to teach kids her age. She went up to him and asked him to teach her and it made his day! We had a few errands to run and decided to take her to the lake on Monday after Taylor got home from work.

On Monday, Nelli and I had so much fun playing in the sand and eating a picnic dinner while we waited for Taylor to join us (We usually get too hungry to wait for him to eat with us...).  Then when Taylor got to the lake around 6pm Nelli told him, "Daddy, I pretend to swim but I don't know how to swim for real. Will you teach me?"  ha HA! I love this girl!

Taylor worked on getting her used to the deep water and relaxing on her back.  A chilly breeze started blowing during the lesson, so it lasted no more than ten minutes.

Oh, Nelli and Taylor were both so happy to share those moments together! Swim lesson #1 complete!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you guys are so lucky to be near the coast and have such beautiful natural landscapes nearby, I can't believe Nelli is already learning to swim, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete