Monday, January 14, 2013

moments with Nelli.




Nelli has been our little comedian lately; here are some of our favorites:

  • Nelli's new favorite show is Dora the Explorer, which teaches her a little Spanish. Today we were headed to the store and Nelli said, "abre" to the door (which means "open") and then looked at me, "mommy, I said 'abre'".

  • Nelli's favorite song is, "I am a Child of God", which she sings multiple times a day. The other day I was a little hyper and I was playing around with Nelli and I licked her cheek. She looked at me while wiping her face and said, "no teach me that; teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday."

  • I was at a friend's baby shower on Saturday. I was gone most of the day getting ready for it, setting up, taking down and such. Taylor said while I was gone Nelli said, "I lost my mommy, my Martha. Will you help me find her?"

  • Along those same lines, lately during the day, Nelli will say all of the sudden, "oh,no! where's my daddy?" 

            me: "where do you think he is?"

           Nelli:  "I don't know, I lost him. Can you help me find him?"

           Then I remind her where he really is.

On a sweet and more serious note, we were watching the CES devotional from Sunday and the choir was singing, "Let Zion in Her Beauty Rise". I started crying (I absolutely love this hymn). Nelli came and sat on my lap and said, "oh, mommy crying.  You alright?" I told her, "I love Jesus and miss Jesus." She resolutely replied, "oh, Nelli help you find Him." and started looking around for Him. It made me think, will she? I feel like in many ways being her mom has brought me closer to the Savior. Learning more patience, humility and how to love and teach better. I feel so blessed to have this girl in my life. I seriously have the best life ever.

3 comments:

  1. Words cannot adequately express how much I love reading your blog. When you share Nelli moments it just makes me so happy and I just want everything good for all my incredible grand children. Thanks so much for sharing,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute to read your blog Martha! I love to read how you teach your little sweet baby about live and God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute girl! And you are such a good mama. Nelli is one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete