Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Return to St. Louis

 
 
 
Welcome back Nelli!
 
 
I took Nelli on a trip back to St. Louis and we had a blast!  We stayed with the Cheneys' and visited a few other good friends. One of the days we went to Eckerts' Farm. We watched a few pig races, picked apples in the orchard and played in the pumpkin patch.  It was so fun and the weather was perfect -- a sunny fall day in the 70s.
 
 

Watching the pig races--I really like this one.
 
oh, Marlee.....I love this girl!
 







Nelli and Marlee had to find the "baby" apples and eat them.



Nelli liked to hug those pumpkins...


I looked over and they were standing just like this, watching the girls play--I had to capture it :) 



The girls loved playing in the St. Louis leaves. We took them to Blackburn park and they played in the leaves more than the playground.  While they played, Meghann shared with me some great ideas for family scripture study and FHE for Nelli's age.  She said they just found a good balance of how much to do with Marlee. It was so helpful and enlightening. They read about 5 verses each morning and night from the Book of Mormon. For FHE they do a lesson from the Nursery Manual. Meghann said she also teaches Marlee a few things from the Nursery Manual during the week, too.

One thing I love about Meghann, is how hard she works to teach Marlee. I love her parenting style! We've swapped many ideas throughout this year and a half we've known each other and it's been so helpful. I feel like we strengthen each other as we're both figuring out how to be awesome mothers and wives.



The girls watching Shea cook breakfast:

 
Then we took them on a walk to the duck pond behind the Park Forest Apartments.
 

Shea made an awesome apple cobbler using the apples we picked at the orchard. It was Dee--licious!




We also had the girls help us clean out some pumpkins. They were both a little grossed out by the sliminess at first, but ended up liking it.




We also spent a little time with the wonderful Gradens.  They were our next door neighbors when we lived there.  We still wish they were just a door away.  The kids played and we got a little time to catch up.  Sarah is seriously one of the best people I know. I'm so glad I got to see her!


Sarah, Alex and Brie
 
Nelli and Brie


 
The lighting on this picture is horrible, but it does record a memory so I will post it.  I went out for a girls' night with Sarah, Meghann, and Lindsay, who are some of my closest friends in St. Louis.  We had Thai food at a restaurant called Zen Thai. It was good, but the talking with these women was the best. Lindsay gave us a 20 minute monolog about 7-11 Slurpees  =) I wish I would've recorded every word.  She loves her daily Slurpee!
 

Brie, Marlee and Nelli  at Park Forest play ground.

Lindsay, Aurora and Marlee.
 


2 comments:

  1. I knew you would have a great time back in St. Louis and I am so glad you were able to go. Thanks for all the pix's,,,,having been back there myself made it all the better!! I knew just about everybody,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun times! So glad you came out to visit :0) Now we just need to figure out a way to come visit you in Seattle ;0)...someday, sooner than later I hope!

    ReplyDelete