Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Queen's B-day Parade




Funny story to start out our day:

We were looking for a good spot to watch the parade on Saturday. We stopped for a minute to look at our map by this ol' guy and Tay said, " whenever I see a statue like this I always think it is George Washington." I looked at it a little closer and without missing a beat said, " good, because this one is!" :) Who would've thought he'd be hanging out at Trafalgar Square in London.





The best part of the parade was when Queen Elizabeth II's band introduced her. They had such a great song. She was not so friendly though...haha. In the video she hardly looks around, let alone wave. We heard that she waves when she gets to her palace. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt because we were at the very end of her hour and a half parade.




2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! You get to explore so many things. We love living here on the East Coast (any new area for that matter) because there are so many things to see if you haven't been there before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I think my favorite part is the little British kid talking in the background of the video. I LOVE kids with accents! :)

    ReplyDelete